Bis-Tris, Tricine, TES, TAPS are all buffers frequently used in biochemistry experiments and molecular biology experiments, and their molecular structures all contain the molecular structure of Tris. So what are the differences between these buffers and Tris in use? What are the similarities or differences between them? Here is a summary of these buffers.
Tris (Tris) has a pKa of 8.06 at 25°C and a buffer range of 7.0~9.0. The commonly used experiments are as follows:
(1) Commonly used in gel electrophoresis buffer, such as TAE or TBE;
(2) Commonly used to prepare Laemmli buffer;
(3) Often prepare running buffer and loading buffer together with glycine and SDS;
(4) It can be used as binding buffer and eluent in anion exchange chromatography;
(5) It is used as a buffer for RNA hybridization and DNA lysis.
In the use of Tris, you need to pay attention: the pH value of Tris buffer is greatly affected by temperature and concentration, so the use environment should be considered during the preparation process; the primary amino group of Tris reacts with various molecules to a certain extent, including RNA Enzyme inhibitors, aldehydes, common metals such as Cr3+, Fe3+, Ni2+, Co2+ and Cu2+, enzymes, and DNA. In addition, Tris is not suitable for bicinchoninic acid (BCA) determination.
Bis-Tris, bis(2-hydroxyethyl)amino(trihydroxymethyl)methane, zwitterionic buffer, pKa of 6.46 at 25°C, pH buffer range of 5.8~7.2. Its application areas are as follows:
(1) As sample buffer, gel buffer and running buffer for various types of electrophoresis;
(2) As a buffer in anion exchange chromatography;
(3) X-ray crystallographic studies used in the crystallization process of haloalkane dehalogenase;
(4) With low conductivity and high sensitivity, it is an effective buffer for NMR spectroscopy;
(5) Interact with human liver fatty acid binding protein (FAB) and affect protein dynamics.
Bis-Tris can form strong complexes with Cu2+ and Pb2+, and form weak complexes with many common metals. Therefore, when using in solutions containing metal ions, its complex constant should be considered. In addition, in systems with pressure changes, a Bis-Tris buffer solution can be used. Bis-Tris can replace highly toxic dimethylarsine buffer, but it is also not suitable for bicinchoninic acid (BCA) determination.
Desheng Biochemical is a high-tech enterprise focusing on the fields of life science and biotechnology. Based on the tenet of serving customers and serving scientific research, the company provides Chinese experts and scholars with a complete range of high-quality products. Tris, Tris-HCL, Bicine, CAPS, MOPS, TAPSHEPES, etc. have been widely used in life science basic research, development and application, pharmacy, disease diagnosis and control, population and health, biotechnology and many other fields. Customers are located in universities, research institutes, hospitals, health and epidemic prevention, commodity inspection and quarantine, pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, and food industry units.
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang