Carbomer 940 is a highly hydrophilic anionic polymer. It is a white loose powder with strong hygroscopicity. It can quickly swell in water, but it does not dissolve. The aqueous dispersion solution is acidic, the pH value of the 1% aqueous dispersion is about 2.5~3.5, and the viscosity is low. When neutralized with alkali, as the macromolecules gradually dissolve, the viscosity also gradually rises, forming a clear solution at low concentrations, and forming a translucent gel at high concentrations. When the pH is 6.5～7, the viscosity and consistency are the largest. When the aqueous dispersion solution of the polymer gel is neutralized with alkali, a transparent and stable gel is formed.
In general, about 1.35g of triethanolamine is required to neutralize 1g of polymer glue. Avoiding compatibility with raw materials such as salts or acidic substances will reduce its viscosity. It is stable within pH 4~10. Triethanolamine (Triethanolamine) is an alkalizing agent, used to adjust the pH value of the product, avoiding the combination with nitrosating agent. The maximum use concentration is 2.5%. Avoid using it in the same formula with formaldehyde as a preservative, which may cause skin irritation and sensitive reactions.
1) Never add some reagents at will! Such as soluble salts, VC, very acidic solutions (lemonade, vinegar). Adding it in, the Carbomer 940 gel system thins out immediately,
2) Although hyaluronic acid is also acidic, it has little effect on the stability of the Carbomer 940 gel system due to the small amount added, so it can be added with confidence. Similarly, pure dew is slightly acidic and has little effect after addition.
3) Carbomer 940 itself is not nutritious and does not support the growth of bacteria and molds, but it cannot prevent bacteria and molds from using nutrients present in the gel system. So don't mix too much at a time, of course, you can also add a little bit of preservative or essential oil as needed.
4) Ultraviolet rays have a certain effect on the Carbomer 940 gel system, so it should be kept away from light.
5) When matching skin care products, the final concentration of carbomer 940 should be controlled within 0.8%. It is recommended to be about 0.5%. If the concentration is greater than 0.8%, it is easy to form a film and the skin feels bad. (Personally suggest that 0.7 or so is more beautiful, if it is too thin, it is close to a thicker liquid.)
Desheng Technology is committed to the development, production and sales of Carbomer 940 and Carbomer980 series products. In terms of carbomer materials, it has formed independent intellectual property rights and professional production research and development capabilities, and has provided product and raw material solutions for more than 100 domestic and foreign manufacturers. Welcome enterprise and individul to call for further consultation!
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang