Phosphoenolpyruvate (PEP) is a glycolysis intermediate. Phosphoric acid is a glycolysis metabolite with a high-energy phosphate group. After dephosphorylation, PEP is converted to pyruvate, which can penetrate cell membranes With cell protection and antioxidant activity, it can be used as a cell protection agent and antioxidant in the liver of cold-preserved mice and a potential organ protection agent.
Its cell protection effect is mainly reflected in the following aspects
1. PEP (0.1-10 mM) significantly attenuated the hydrogen peroxide-induced reduction in cell viability in HeLa cells in a dose-dependent manner.
2. PEP also inhibited the decrease of calcein-acetylmethoxy-stained cells and the increase of propidium iodide-stained cells induced by hydrogen peroxide. The increase of intracellular reactive oxygen species stimulated by hydrogen peroxide was significantly reduced.
3. Evaluation by electron paramagnetic resonance method also shows the potential of PEP to scavenge hydroxyl radicals.
4. In addition, PEP has the potential to scavenge 1,1-diphenyl-2-pyridylmethylhydrazonyl radical (a representative artificial free radical), although the potential is small.
5. PEP (10 mM) slightly inhibited the reduction of H2O2-induced cellular ATP content, but did not show any effect at low doses (0.1, 1 mM).
6. PEP (0.1-10 mM) also reduced cell damage, but did not attenuate the decrease in intracellular ATP content induced by the glycolysis inhibitor 2-deoxy-D-glucose.
These results indicate that PEP exerts a cytoprotective effect and has antioxidant potential, although the exact cytoprotective mechanism has not been fully elucidated. However, we believe that PEP is a functional carbohydrate metabolite with cell protection and antioxidant activity, and may be used as a therapeutic agent against diseases involving oxidative stress.
In addition, the PEP produced by Desheng company can also be used to determine the content of CO2 in the biochemical kit. The content of CO2 reflects the metabolic acid-base balance in the body. It can also be used for the auxiliary diagnosis of diseases such as pyloric obstruction, Cushing's syndrome, taking too many alkaline drugs and respiratory acidosis.
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang