Serum separation gel is a colorless or light yellow transparent colloid with good thixotropy and airtightness, and exhibits physiological inertness; Viscous fluid, whose structure contains a large number of hydrogen bonds. By utilizing its thixotropy, serum separation gel can form a gel like isolation layer between serum and blood clots, separating them, improving the recovery rate of serum, and preserving the serum in its original state. This substance is commonly used in vacuum blood collection vessels to isolate serum and blood clots.
Two methods of adding serum separation gel during use
Manual gluing method
Adding serum separation gel manually is usually done using a syringe. The specific steps are as follows:
1. Remove the needle from the front of the syringe.
2. Use a syringe to extract a certain amount of serum separation gel.
3. Drive to the bottom of the blood collection vessel.
Machine processing methods
The use of a machine for adding serum separation gel usually uses a ten channel gel adding machine, which can automatically add gel and has the function of removing bubbles, making it suitable for batch filling of serum separation gel.
The specific operation steps are as follows:
1. Place the blood collection tube that needs to be added with serum separation gel into the hopper of the machine.
2. Turn on the machine and select the corresponding program for automatic gluing.
3. The machine will automatically perform vacuum treatment to ensure that there are no bubbles inside the gel.
After adding glue, remove the test tube and perform subsequent centrifugation and other operations.
It should be noted that the machine operation needs to be set up and debugged in advance to ensure the accuracy of the gluing process. At the same time, for different brands of blood collection vessels and serum separation gel, it may be necessary to adjust the parameters or programs of the machine to ensure the correct amount and effect of gel addition.
Serum separating gel
The obvious difference between manual gluing and machine gluing
1. Operation method: Manual gluing requires manual use of tools such as syringes to add serum separation gel one by one to the blood collection vessels, which is relatively cumbersome. The machine uses automated equipment to automatically add glue in batches through preset programs and robotic arms, greatly improving operational efficiency and accuracy.
2. Glue quantity control: It is difficult to accurately control the glue quantity of each blood collection vessel by manually adding glue, which can lead to insufficient or wasted glue quantity. And machine gluing can accurately control the amount and speed of glue according to the preset program and the needs of each blood collection tube, ensuring that each tube receives an appropriate amount of serum separation glue.
3. Uniformity: Manual gluing is greatly influenced by human factors, and the operating techniques and forces of different operators may vary, resulting in less uniformity of serum separation gel in each test tube than machine gluing. The machine uses mechanical arms and other devices to achieve precise and quantitative gluing, with a uniform amount of glue in each test tube.
4. Cost: Machine gluing requires the purchase of corresponding automation equipment, and the one-time investment cost is relatively high. However, in the long run, due to the fact that machine gluing can improve efficiency and reduce labor costs, the total cost of machine gluing may be lower in large-scale and large-scale production.
5. Scope of application: Manual gluing is suitable for small-scale, low-frequency production or experimental scenarios, such as some small laboratories or research institutions. And machine gluing is more suitable for large-scale and efficient production scenarios, such as blood centers, biological product factories, and other places that require the processing of large amounts of blood samples.
In summary, manual gluing and machine gluing have their own advantages and disadvantages, and appropriate operating methods should be selected based on specific scenarios and needs. At present, the serum separation gel produced by Desheng has been widely recognized by customers in the market. For more information, please visit the official website of Desheng to learn more.
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang