The impact of the epidemic will cause some things to fall and inevitably some things will rise, such as Carbomer. As a cross-linked acrylic polymer, carbomer has good thickening performance and strong suspending ability. In addition to being used in hand sanitizers, it is also widely used in skin care lotions, creams, transparent gels, and hair styling. Gel can even be applied to batteries.
The main functions of Carbomer:
1. Thickening-can produce a wide range of viscosity and fluidity
2. Suspension—make insoluble components permanently suspended in the system
3. Emulsification—plays emulsification and stabilization in the oil/water phase
Carbomer thickening mechanism:
a. Salt thickening, the most common method is to change the acidic resin into an appropriate salt, so that the curled resin molecules are opened to cause thickening. In water and other polar solvents, use NaOH, KOH, NH40H Such neutralization can easily generate salt; in acute weak or non-acute solvents, organic amines should be used for neutralization. When the resin is used as an emulsifier, in order to achieve the best stability of the oil/water emulsifier, it is necessary to double neutralize the resin with a water-soluble inorganic base and an oil-soluble organic amine, so that the product is soluble in water and oil. Salt acts as a bridge between the oil phase and the water phase.
b. Light bond thickening, adding a hydroxyl donor to the resin, the resin molecule as a carboxyl donor can combine with one or more hydroxyl groups to form a hydrogen bond to thicken. This method takes time, which may range from 5 minutes to several Hours, the consistency can reach the highest value. The PH value of this kind of material is slightly acidic, and the dispersion can be heated to 70°C (but should not exceed) to speed up the thickening. Commonly used polyhydroxy and polyethoxy reaction agents: non-ionic surfactants, solvents, polyols, glycol-silane copolymers, polyethylene oxide, fully hydrolyzed polyvinyl alcohol, etc.
Carbomer has excellent thickening, gelling, adhesive, emulsifying, suspending and film-forming properties. As a thickener and emulsifier, it has the following applications in the pharmaceutical industry:
1. Controlled-release drugs made as slow-release materials, such as ascorbic acid, aspirin, lithium carbonate, atropine sulfate, procaine hydrochloride, chlorpheniramine, quinine sulfate, theophylline and so on.
2. The application in the formulation of external medicines, as a carrier matrix to make ointments, suppositories, creams, gels, emulsions, etc.
3. Utilizing the gel, adhesive and film-forming properties of this product, the application in bio-adhesive, as a carrier matrix and bio-attachment made of drugs, it stays in the tissue mucosa for a long time and improves the bio-adhesion of the drug. Utilization, such as targeting mucous membranes, including ocular, nasal, intestinal, vaginal and rectal mucosa.
4. Utilizing the suspending ability of this product, it can effectively suspend insoluble components to form a uniform dispersion system, which is used in oral suspensions, which is safe and effective, avoids odor, maintains stability, and improves bioavailability.
In order to increase production capacity, Desheng actively applies new equipment and expands production staff. While ensuring production capacity, it must also pay attention to product quality. Carbomer series products that are in high demand are Carbomer 940 and Carbomer 980. Desun can provide high-quality Carbomer series raw materials.
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang