A few years ago, scientists conducted biochemical experiments with insufficient buffers, which greatly limited the results of their research. These buffers exhibit high cytotoxicity and cannot support enzymatic activity throughout the process. Then, in 1966, a professional team designed a series of buffers (Caps, Hepes, Mops, etc.) specifically for biological research. These buffers have the following characteristics:
1. The pKa value of Good buffer should be between 6.0 and 8.0, because the optimal pH of most biological reactions is within this range.
2. Good buffer should have high water solubility, and its solubility in organic solvents should be minimal, so it should be retained in the aqueous medium of the biological system.
3. Good buffer should not penetrate the cell membrane. The buffer should not accumulate in the organelles. This may not apply to your specific experiment. Zwitterionic buffers will not penetrate cell membranes.
4. Good buffers should have the smallest salt effect, because if the biological system under study is adversely affected by salt, the ion buffer may cause problems.
5. The concentration of Good buffering agent, temperature and ion composition of the medium have the least influence on the buffering capacity (pKa).
6. The formation of complexes between metal ions and Good buffer will cause the release of protons, which will affect the pH of the system and may adversely affect the results of the experiment. Therefore, these ionic complexes should be soluble and their binding constants must be known. Buffers with low metal binding constants are suitable for studying metal-dependent enzymatic reactions. If your experimental design requires the use of metals, then you should choose a buffer that does not form a complex with that specific metal.
7. Good buffer should be stable and resistant to enzymatic and non-enzymatic degradation. And they should not interfere with enzyme substrates or similar enzyme substrates.
8. Good buffer should not absorb light in the visible or ultraviolet region of the spectrum to prevent interference in spectrophotometric measurement.
9. Their preparation and purification should be easy and cheap.
In summary, the characteristics of Good buffers in biological buffers are very many and obvious, and this has also led to Good buffers becoming popular on the market. Nowadays, when purchasing products, I want to find a manufacturer who can get preferential prices and professional technical support, but now there are not many professional manufacturers, and our company is one of the few manufacturers of biological buffers.
As a manufacturer specializing in the production of biological buffers, Hubei Xindesheng Materials Co., Ltd. provides a large number of high-quality Hepes, Caps, Mops and many other types of biological buffers. Our company can customize the product specifications and after-sales service according to customer needs, and we can provide professional testing services and packaging customization services to special customers. In any case, Desheng company must be the only one for you to buy biological buffers to select.
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang