Viruses are a kind of microorganisms closely related to our human health. They are invisible to bacteria and fungi, but from the most common cold viruses to the dreaded HIV and new coronaviruses, the research on viruses is extremely urgent and important. Since the virus is a non-cellular organism, it must be parasitized in living cells, and the virus transportation media is needed after leaving the cell after sampling.
The virus transportation media we are talking about here is mainly for the extraction and detection of the nucleic acid of the virus. The integrity of the virus or the virus nucleic acid is preserved within a certain period of time, and then sent to the testing center to test whether the sample contains virus to diagnose whether the test object is infected. The virus transportation media is divided into inactivated type and activated type, and its components are also different. The following describes their main components and their key roles.
1.High concentration of guanidine salt can not only quickly destroy the cell membrane of the virus host cell, but also denature the protein, make the virus protein denature and precipitate, so that the nucleic acid can get rid of the protein entanglement. Extract nucleic acid DNA or RNA, and can inhibit nuclease. Since only viral nucleic acid is used for detection, this type of sampling tube can be stored at low temperature for one week after sampling.
2. EDTA and Tris mainly use the characteristics of EDTA to complex metal ions such as calcium, magnesium and iron to prevent metal ions from activating proteases and reduce the impact on nucleic acid quality.
3. RNAse inhibitors are mainly aimed at RNA viruses. Nucleic acids are better preserved than active viruses, but will degrade quickly in the presence of ribonuclease.
1. Hanks solution is mainly made of various inorganic salts, buffers, glucose, 0.4% phenol red under sterilization conditions, consistent with the pH value, osmotic pressure and sterile conditions of the cell growth state, so that the virus host cells Survival time is extended.
2. Gentamicin and fungal antibiotics are antibacterial and antifungal, respectively.
3. BSA (V) bovine serum protein stabilizes the virus protein shell and forms a protective film to make it difficult to decompose.
4. HEPES buffer and a variety of amino acids to maintain the virus adapt to pH and increase its survival time.
5. Cryoprotectant to maintain the stability and integrity of the virus when the temperature is too low.
The components of the virus transportation media of different manufacturers may be slightly different. The above is a reference provided by Desheng’s products. Some businesses may be suspected of excessive publicity. This type of virus transportation media is used for nucleic acid detection or antibody detection of virus samples. It is recommended that the user should test as soon as possible after sampling or store in strict low temperature to ensure that the test is accurate.
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang