MOPS, or 3-morpholinopropanesulfonic acid, is a widely used and very important buffer. MOPS itself belongs to Good's buffer, the buffer range is between 6.5~7.9, has good pH stability, is highly polar, is inert to a variety of chemical reagents and enzymes, does not participate in and does not interfere with the process of biochemical reactions, and is chemically resistant to enzymes. The reaction has no inhibitory effect, so it can be specially used for the research of organelles and extremely volatile, pH-sensitive proteins and enzymes.
The main application areas of MOPS
1. As a running buffer in electrophoresis and protein purification in chromatography;
2. Prepare a variety of agar media for the cultivation of bacteria, yeast and mammalian cells. However, higher than 20mM
The concentration of is not recommended for mammalian cells;
3. It can be used as a lysis buffer for E. coli cells;
4. As the eluent in gel filtration chromatography;
5. Used in Northern hybridization, as a buffer for RNA isolation and membrane transfer;
6. Suitable for the determination of bicinchoninic acid (BCA);
7. Used in the study of electron transfer and phosphorylation of chloroplast thin layer preparation.
Precautions for using MOPS
1. MOPS biological buffer reagent is a zwitterionic buffer. If the dosage of MOPS is very small each time, it is generally used appropriately after appropriate dispensing.
2. Generally, the biological buffer can easily change the color of the liquid to yellow after encountering light, and the light yellow can be used.
If the color is too dark, it should not be used again.
3. The use of MOPS biological buffer reagent requires special attention. Production safety and personnel health must not be sloppy. Therefore, laboratory clothes should be worn well and disposable gloves should be worn for operation. Once the solution splashes into the eyes, or touches slightly, you must use a lot of water to rinse immediately, and go to the hospital immediately.
MOPS production method
The mainstream production method of MOPS is completed in the following six steps, which can save costs, reduce pollution, and avoid safety risks. The preparation method of this MOPS uses water as a solvent and no organic solvents are used in the process. While reducing production costs, it reduces the risk of health hazards to operators, and there is no trouble of recycling and processing organic solvents, and there is no problem of environmental pollution. The main steps are morpholine dissolution, reaction to generate 3-morpholinepropanesulfonic acid aqueous solution, dehydration to obtain crude 3-morpholinepropanesulfonic acid, crude product recrystallization, crystal suction filtration and concentration, cooling, crystallization, and 3-morpholinopropane The process of sulfonic acid.
Desheng is a diagnostic reagent raw material manufacturer with many years of R&D and production experience. The purity of MOPS products produced is ≥99%, the water solubility is good, the production process is stable, and it has a strict quality management system to ensure that it provides customers with high-quality products and services. The company's products have been sold to many countries around the world, please call for more details!
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang