Nowadays, with the popularization and use of vacuum blood collection tubes, blood collection tube additives have also become hot products.Due to the different raw materials and production technologies of various manufacturers, their quality has also become uneven. So the following will focus on introducing the methods of adding blood collection tube additives to the test tube, which can also help you to use it for reference.
1. Serum separating gel filling
Serum separation gel can be added by machine or manual. If it is produced in large quantities, it is generally added by machine. The addition steps are:
(1) Put the separating gel into the hopper of the automatic or semi-automatic gel adding machine, and cover the hopper after the colloid is leveled.
(2) Exhaust the air bubbles. After adding the gel, place the test tube with the gel upright for 8-12 hours, and then seal it and evacuate it. If air bubbles appear, use a centrifuge at 800-1200g centrifugal force for 2-5 minutes to expel air bubbles.
(3) Stand still, no matter adding gel or extracting a vacuum, the thixotropy of the separation gel will temporarily decrease during the centrifugation process, so the test tube should be placed for more than 1 hour after adding gel and centrifuging.
2. Anticoagulant addition
Since there are many types of anticoagulants, including heparin sodium, heparin lithium, EDTA K2, EDTA K3,EDTA 2Na,etc.Their addition methods have many similarities, so let’s take heparin sodium and heparin lithium as an example.
1. Machine addition:
(1) Cleaning: Before using the machine, clean the utensils and delivery pipes, first rinse with deionized water, then spray with 80% alcohol for cleaning, then use more than 99% ethanol for secondary cleaning, and then use hot air Just blow dry.
(2) Machine adjustment: determine the quantity or volume of heparin sodium or heparin lithium that needs to be added according to the volume of the blood collection tube to be produced, adjust the flow regulator of the machine to an appropriate value, add 10-100 test tubes, and randomly check whether the dosage meets the requirements.
2. Manual addition:
(1) Clean the containers and tools prepared for dispensing heparin sodium or heparin lithium solution, the method is the same as that of the machine.
(2) Dispense heparin sodium or heparin lithium solution into cleaned containers and distribute them to operators together with cleaned and adjusted pipettes. Pay attention to adjust the scale of the pipette to ensure that the added solution meets the specified requirements.
(3) Use a pipette to add heparin sodium or heparin lithium solution into the blood collection tube, and confirm the amount added and perform random inspection.
As a raw material supplier of blood collection tube additives, Desheng can provide a full range of products, including serum separation gel, heparin sodium, heparin lithium, EDTA K2, EDTA K3,EDTA 2Na, siliconizing agent, sodium citrate, etc. These products are of analytically pure grade and can meet most of the experimental requirements. If you are interested, welcome to consult!
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang