Key characteristics and preparation of serum separator gel
The serum separation gel is used in the vacuum blood collection tube. It is mainly the isolation material for the preparation of serum or plasma test samples. It can use its excellent performance to form a barrier between serum and plasma to prevent their material exchange, so as to achieve sample stability and facilitate the preservation and accuracy of test results.
1、 Key characteristics of serum separation gel
1. The surface of the precipitated serum sample is free of oil droplets and other precipitates, and long-term use will not block the sampling needle.
2. There is no wall climbing phenomenon. The separated gel is added to the test tube, and there is no wall hanging after being placed for a period of time.
3. It has physiological inertia and can minimize interference with experimental specimens.
4. Stable performance, less prone to aging, and stable memory storage for 2 years, without affecting the separation effect.
5. Equipped with radiation resistance, the irradiation dose can withstand the range of 8-25KG, and other properties will not change after radiation resistance.
6. There will be no backflow during transportation and storage.
Serum separating gel
2、 Preparation of serum separation gel
1. Add a 50% mass ratio mixture of butyl methacrylate, 2-mercaptoethanol, and 0.6 parts BPO of methyl methacrylate to a flask;
2. Stir and heat up. When the temperature reaches 85 ° C, a monomer mixture containing 0.6 parts of BPO butyl acrylate and additive mixed acid fat in the residue is dropped from the dropper funnel into the reaction flask, maintained at 85 ° C, and the monomer is dropped out within 3 hours; After continuing the reaction for 1 hour, cool to below 70 ° C to obtain an acrylic copolymer solution;
3. After 2 hours of vacuum distillation of the solution, remove the solvent toluene and unreacted monomers to obtain a polyacrylate solution;
4. Add 5 parts of hydrophobic silica gel to the polyacrylate solution, stir, and then vacuum defoaming to obtain the product serum separation gel.
Since the preparation of serum separation gel involves many fields, its technical content and production requirements are very high. The above method is the simplest and convenient one, but it is not applicable to all research and development, and should be adjusted according to its own requirements.
Barreled serum separation gel
3、 Precautions for use of separation gel
The reason why we talk about the use of serum separation gel is that it directly represents the quality of the separation results. The following two points are the most important points for attention, which should be paid attention to:
1. First of all, the quality of the separated gel should be emphatically investigated before use. Its specific gravity should be 1.045-1.065g/cm3, between serum and blood cells. Otherwise, it is not easy to turn over, resulting in poor quality of the extracted serum sample.
2. The use of centrifugation should be separated after the blood has completely coagulated, otherwise there is a tendency for fibrin to be mixed in the isolation layer, leading to hemolysis.
As the main supplier of serum separation gel, Desheng has always been leading other brands in the Chinese market. Its product performance is stable, and all key indicators are accurately controlled. The batch products produced are supervised and tested by professional quality departments, and it never sells fake and inferior separation gel. If you are interested, please click on the website to inquire and purchase!
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang