What is HEPES?
The full chemical name of HEPES is N-(2-hydroxyethyl)-piperazine ethane sulfonic acid. It is a zwitterionic biological buffer. Its physical properties include a white powdery appearance at room temperature and its excellent water solubility. 40 grams of HEPES can be completely dissolved in 100 ml of pure water at 20°C. Therefore, it is very easy to use and only needs to be dissolved in water.
Application of HEPES:
1. Research on most metal ions;
2. It can be a good substitute for Tris and phosphate in the research of metal ions;
3. For environmental, analytical and biological research;
4. As the binding buffer and eluent in cation exchange chromatography;
5. As a grinding buffer in plant research;
6. As the running buffer in gel electrophoresis;
7. As a buffer for electroporation;
8. Buffer mammalian cell culture;
9. As a buffer for in vitro fertilization and embryo culture;
10. For Bradford or bicinchoninic acid (BCA) analysis;
11. For research on cartilaginous amphibians, because it is non-toxic to this algae;
12. It has been introduced into the extraction buffer to prevent damage to the proteins in red blood cells.
1. It affects the membrane potential of neuronal cells;
2. It will interfere with the determination of Lowry protein;
3. It is not suitable for redox research;
4. It is toxic to small crustaceans (water fleas);
5. It will interfere with the phenol oxidation of peroxidase;
6. It will affect the self-oxidation rate of iron;
7. It is not recommended to use Folin reagent for protein determination;
8. HEPES powder has high temperature resistance and melting point as high as 200℃, so it will not be degraded by autoclaving;
9. If the HEPES water solution is exposed to light for three hours, it will produce cytotoxic H2O2, so it must be kept away from light.
Advantages of Desheng HEPES:
1. The application range of HEPES is pH6.8-pH8.2, which is in line with the characteristics of pH value needed for cell culture;
2. The purity reaches ≥99%, the water solubility is good, the process is stable, and the constant pH range can be controlled for a long time;
3. There is a professional R&D and production team, with a daily output of 1-2 tons, and there will be no long supply cycle or out of supply;
4. Have strong logistics capabilities and rich export experience;
5. A full range of product testing and special testing services can be provided according to your application requirements;
6. We can pack in quantities according to customer needs. Generally, there are 500g small bottles and 25kg cardboard drums. The large packaging is lined with plastic bags. The white powder is packed in the belt and the tie is tight.
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang