Serum separation gel is a polymer material with good thixotropic and isolation properties. It can form a network structure under the action of centrifugal force and re form a fluid with higher viscosity after the disappearance of centrifugal force. This thixotropy causes serum separation gel to form an isolation layer between serum and blood cells, and the specific gravity of serum separation gel is between serum and blood cells. Therefore, after blood centrifugation, it can form layered blood clots, separation gel, and serum. Effectively separate serum and blood cells. This makes serum separation gel play an important role in clinical testing.
In clinical testing, serum separation gel is mainly used to separate serum and blood cells, prevent material exchange between serum and blood cells, and ensure the accuracy of test results. By using serum separation gel, the operation process can be simplified, manual intervention and error rate can be reduced, and the accuracy and efficiency of detection can be improved.
The advantages of serum separation gel
1. Efficient separation: It can quickly and efficiently separate serum and blood cells, ensuring the accuracy of experimental results;
2. Maintaining blood purity: It can isolate the contact between serum and blood cells, prevent substances with higher content in blood cells from being released into the serum. If the substances exchange freely between them, it will interfere with the test results. The hydrophobic organic compound composition of serum separation gel gives it thixotropy, which can form an isolation layer between serum and blood cells to prevent material exchange and ensure the clarity of serum.
3. Improving experimental accuracy and reliability: This method can reduce the interference of impurities such as cell debris, lipids, and fibrin on the detection results, thereby improving the accuracy and reliability of the experiment;
4. Stable serum components: Ensure the stability of serum (plasma) components within a certain period of time;
5. Easy to operate: Traditional serum separation methods require multiple steps such as centrifugation, supernatant removal, and sample addition, making the operation cumbersome and prone to errors. To use serum separation gel, simply add the blood to the blood collection vessel containing serum separation gel, and then centrifuge to complete the separation process. This method of simplifying the operation process reduces manual intervention and error rates, and improves the accuracy and efficiency of detection.
6. Other advantages: Serum separation gel also has advantages such as antioxidation, high temperature resistance, low temperature resistance, and good airtightness.
Testing items for serum separation tubes
1. Biochemical testing: used to detect various biochemical indicators in the blood, such as blood sugar, blood lipids, liver function, kidney function, etc.
2. Immunological testing: used to detect various immune indicators, such as immunoglobulins, complement, autoantibodies, etc.
3. Tumor marker detection: used to detect the content of tumor markers, assisting in the diagnosis and monitoring of tumors.
4. Genetic testing: used to detect genes related to genetic mutations and hereditary diseases.
How to choose high-quality serum separation gel
The quality of serum separation gel can be determined through the following aspects:
1. Transparency: A high-quality serum separation gel should be in a transparent and impurity free state, where the separation layer of serum and blood clots can be clearly seen. If the serum separation gel is opaque or contains impurities, it may affect the separation effect and detection results.
2. Specific gravity: The specific gravity of serum separation gel should be between serum and blood cells, forming an isolation layer. Too light or too heavy a specific gravity can lead to ineffective separation of serum and blood cells.
3. Viscosity: The serum separation gel should have an appropriate viscosity to ensure the formation of a stable isolation layer during centrifugation. If the viscosity of the serum separation gel is too low, it may cause the isolation layer to be unstable and the serum and blood cells to mix together.
4. Stability: Serum separation gel should have good stability, maintain its physical properties unchanged for a certain period of time, and ensure the separation effect of serum and blood cells.
5. Safety: Serum separation gel should be non-toxic and harmless, and will not have a negative impact on blood samples and test results.
Desheng is a manufacturer of serum separation gel. Currently, the quality of the separation gel produced is stable and widely recognized by customers in the market. If you have any purchasing needs, please feel free to contact me or click on the official website to learn more details!
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang