Payment & Shipping Terms:
|CAS No:||6132-04-3||Molecular Weight:||294.10|
|Properties:||Colorless Crystals||Executive Standard:||GB/T16493-1996|
|Name:||Sodium Citrate||Main Content:||≥99%|
6132-04-3 Blood Collection Tube Additives,
CAS 6132-04-3 Sodium Citrate,
3.2% Sodium Citrate
Sodium Citrate blue vacuum Blood Collection Tube Additives 3.2% or 3.8% CAS 6132-04-3
product name sodium citrate dihydrate (C6 H5Na3O7·2H2O)
Molecular weight 294.10
Properties Colorless crystals or white crystals. It is tasteless and easy to weather in the air. Soluble in water, insoluble in ethanol.
Executive standard GB/T16493-1996 (national standard)
Use Coagulation test; erythrocyte sedimentation rate test. (one-time use of vacuum blood collection tube additives)
|Water Insoluble:||0.03||Heavy Metal:||＜0.005|
|Formula:||C6 H5Na3O7·2H2O||Use:||Coagulation Test|
Usage and Dosage
1. For the blood coagulation test, the concentration of the anticoagulant is 105-109 mmol / L, that is (3.13-3.2%, commonly referred to as 3.2%) of the dihydrate form of sodium citrate; 3.8% dihydrate can also be used The form of sodium citrate, with a blood sample ratio of 1:9 [additive code NC9]
2. For erythrocyte sedimentation rate test, the concentration of anticoagulant is 105-109mmol / L, that is (3.13-3.2%, commonly referred to as 3.2%) of sodium dihydrate in the form of dihydrate; can also use 3.8% two Sodium citrate in the form of hydrate, with a blood sample ratio of 1:4 [additive code NC4]
Storage Sealed and moisture-proof.
Validity Period three years
The characteristics and uses of sodium citrate
In daily life, sodium citrate appears in the raw materials of various items around us. How many people have known about it, do you know some of its functions, characteristics, and uses? Let's take a look at some of its secrets.
Sodium citrate is currently the most important citrate. It is mainly produced by fermenting starch-based substances to produce citric acid, and then neutralizing it with alkaline substances. It has the following excellent properties:
(1) Safe and non-toxic performance. Since the raw materials for the preparation of sodium citrate basically come from grain, it is absolutely safe and reliable, and will not cause harm to human health. The United Nations Food and Agriculture and the World Health Organization do not impose any restrictions on their daily intake, and the product can be considered drug-free.
(2) It is biodegradable. After sodium citrate is diluted with a large amount of water in nature, part of it becomes citric acid, and the two coexist in the same system. Citric acid is easily biodegraded in water by the action of oxygen, heat, light, bacteria and microorganisms. The decomposition method is generally through aconitic acid, itaconic acid, and citraconic anhydride to convert to carbon dioxide and water.
(3) It has the ability to complex metal ions. Sodium citrate has good complexing ability to Ca2+, Mg2+ and other metal ions, and it also has good complexing ability to other metal ions, such as Fe2+ ions.
(4) Excellent solubility, and the solubility increases with the increase of water temperature.
(5) It has good pH adjustment and buffering performance. Sodium citrate is a weak acid and strong base salt. It can be combined with citric acid to form a strong pH buffer, so it has important uses in some occasions that are not suitable for large-scale pH changes. In addition, sodium citrate also has excellent retarding performance and stability.
The application of sodium citrate can be roughly divided into three categories:
1. Food application: Sodium citrate can be used in refreshing drinks to alleviate the sour taste and improve the taste. Adding this product in brewing can promote saccharification, the dosage is about 0.3%. In the manufacture of sorbet and ice cream, sodium citrate can be used as an emulsifier and stabilizer, and the dosage is 0.2%~0.3%. This product can also be used as an anti-rancid agent for dairy products, a thickener for processed cheese and fish meat products, and a sweetness corrector for food.
Sodium citrate is non-toxic, has pH adjustment properties and good stability, so it can be used in the food industry. Sodium citrate is used as a food additive and has the greatest demand. It is mainly used as a flavoring agent, buffer, emulsifier, expansion agent, stabilizer and preservative, etc.; in addition, sodium citrate is compatible with citric acid for various jams, Gelling agent, nutritional supplement and flavoring agent for jelly, fruit juice, beverages, cold drinks, dairy products and cakes, etc.
2. Medical application: In medicine, sodium citrate is also widely used. Utilizing the properties of citrate and calcium ions to form soluble complexes, it can be used as an anticoagulant and blood transfusion agent to preserve and process blood products. Sodium citrate is used as a preservative and used to preserve syrups and other medicines. Sodium citrate is used to correct the acidity of blood, body fluids and urine when injected, like potassium salt, as a diuretic, phlegm reducing agent, etc. Sodium citrate can be used to extract and purify animal liver ribonucleic acid in combination with other reagents.
3. Chemical applications: Sodium citrate has the characteristics of good water solubility, excellent chelating ability to metal ions such as Ca2+ and Mg2+ in water, biodegradation, strong dispersion ability and anti-redeposition ability, so it is gradually becoming the third As a substitute for sodium polyphosphate, it is used to produce non-phosphorus washing powder, especially non-phosphorus liquid detergent. Adding a certain amount of sodium citrate to the detergent can significantly increase the decontamination ability of the detergent.
Desheng Biotechnology is a professional manufacturer of R&D, production and sales of blood collection tube additives, in vitro diagnostic reagents, biological buffers, luminescent substrates, and enzyme preparations. With independent intellectual property rights and professional R&D and production capabilities in blood collection tube additives, it can produce a variety of products. Desheng has been established for many years and has rich production experience. At present, its products are sold to more than 100 countries around the world, with excellent product quality and preferential prices. If you are interested in understanding, you can call for consultation. Desheng welcomes your calls.
Contact Person: Sales Manager