As a common biological buffer, Tris is not only widely used as a solvent for nucleic acid and protein, but also one of the main components of protein electrophoresis buffer. In addition, Tris can also produce a variety of cosmetics, chemicals, pesticides, medicine, coating preparation and other products, and is an important intermediate for the preparation of surfactants, vulcanization accelerators, reducing agents and some drugs.
1. Used as medicine: if it is often used in acute metabolic and respiratory acidemia, Tris base is an amino acid buffer, which can absorb hydrogen ions and correct acidosis.
2. For synthesis: Tris is used to prepare surfactants, vulcanization accelerators and intermediates of some drugs. Because it has three equal hydroxyl groups, it can also be used as a good reducing agent. In the alkaline condition of sodium hydroxide, it can reduce chloroauric acid solution to prepare stable gold nanoparticles. This method is non-toxic and pollution-free, and belongs to green reduction method.
3. Tris as reducing agent: under alkaline condition, gold nanoparticles can be prepared by ultrasonic reduction of chloroauric acid solution without adding other stabilizers. The environmentally friendly and biocompatible gold nanoparticles were synthesized. Gold nanoparticles with different sizes can be prepared by adjusting the experimental conditions.
4. Neutralizer: the most common function of Tris in cosmetics is to adjust pH value (pH value). It can also be used as a neutralizer to neutralize Thickener (carbomer), so as to reduce the sticky feeling, improve the respiratory efficiency of skin cells, and prevent pore blockage. In addition, Tris can be used as an odor regulator in cosmetics containing amine salts to regulate the odor of amine produced by rubbing when applying cosmetics, so as to avoid the release of any residual or persistent odor.
5. Coating preparation: Tris mainly plays the following four roles in the coating preparation process: pH regulator, cross-linking accelerator, polyester coating raw material and phase change core material.
Desheng has 15 years of experience in developing and producing biological buffers, blood collection additives, color reagents and chemiluminescence reagents, and can provide high-quality Tris raw materials. In addition to Tris, HEPES, CAPS, MOPS and PIPES, our company is actively developing new fields, providing nucleic acid detection materials, virus preservation solution and gel free raw materials, Carbomer, and calls for detailed consultation.
Contact Person: Miss. Ankiwang